READING POLICE ENTRANCE EXAM – November 5, 2022 starting at 9AM at the Reading Memorial high School, 62 Oakland Rd. Reading, MA. Candidates must be pre-registered in order to participate.
Job Opportunity- Police Officer (Full Time) The Reading Police Department is seeking highly motivated, community-oriented, and service-minded full-time police officers. The Reading Police Department is a progressive, community-oriented police department.
Starting pay starting at night rate $61,962.00 after that seven steps until top step at $83,706.00 plus, full educational incentive’s 10% for Associate degree, 20% for Bachelor’s Degree, and 25% for Master’s Degree. Vacation Benefits, Sick Leave benefits, Fitness Benefits, 11 paid holidays, clothing incentive, health and dental benefits.
Candidates must take and pass the entrance examination taking place on November 5, 2022 in order to proceed with the hiring process.
The Reading Police Department has 46 Sworn Officers divided among three divisions. We have specialty units to include: Honor Guard, RAD, Patrol K9 and two comfort dog positions, Field Training Officers, Mountain Bike, and Motorcycle units. Reading is approx. 10 Sq. miles with a population of 25,337.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (birth or naturalized)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess at minimum an Associate’s Degree and/or Military Experience
- Must possess a valid or be able to obtain a Massachusetts Operators License
- Must not be convicted of a felony.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Class A License to Carry firearms in Massachusetts
- Must have a strong character background and not be included on any decertification list or index;
- Must have the ability to pass the Massachusetts police academy, or an equivalent basic training academy, approved by the Municipal Police Training Committee in order to achieve basic certification as a police officer;
- Must have the ability to pass all requirements as set forth by the Police Officer Standards and Training Commission (POST)
CANDIDATES MUST PARTICIPATE IN THE PHYSICAL ABILITIES TEST WHICH WILL BE ADMINISTERED IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE WRITTEN EXAM IS COMPLETE.
Candidates MUST bring an updated resume to the examination.
Candidates will be subjected to an extensive background investigation, medical evaluation, and psychological screening.
Any further questions can be directed to Lieutenant Christopher Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should arrive at the test site at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the examination with clothes suitable to participate in the physical abilities test.
Smart watches and similar devices will not be allowed at the test site. Cellular telephones are not permitted. Candidates who fail to follow examination requirements and instructions my be removed from the test site and disqualified from the process. Passing the examination does not guarantee employment, it is simply one factor that will be considered in the overall process. Candidates who arrive late will not be allowed entry and will not be issued a refund.
NO CANCELLATIONS FOR ANY REASON. NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON.